Brest Climate & Temperature
- Brest, Belarus is at 52°7'N, 23°41'E, 146 m (479 ft). See map.
- Brest has a humid continental climate with severe winters, no dry season, warm summers and strong seasonality (Köppen-Geiger classification: Dfb).
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Brest is situated in or near the cool temperate moist forest biome.
- The annual mean temperature is 7.4 degrees Celsius (45.3 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 22.5 °C (40.5°F). This indicates that the continentality type is continental, subtype subcontinental.
- In the winter time records indicate temperatures by day reach -0.3°C (31.4°F) on average falling to -5.7°C (21.7°F) overnight.
- In spring time temperatures climb reaching 12.5°C (54.4°F) generally in the afternoon with overnight lows of 3.1°C (37.6°F).
- During summer average high temperatures are 23°C (73.5°F) and average low temperatures are 12.3°C (54.1°F).
- Come autumn/ fall temperatures decrease achieving average highs of 12°C (53.6°F) during the day and lows of 4.5°C (40°F) generally shortly after sunrise.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 611 mm (24.1 inches) which is equivalent to 611 Litres/m² (14.99 Gallons/ft²).
- On average there are 1866 hours of sunshine per year. Visit the sunshine and daylight section to check monthly details including how high in the sky the sun reaches each month.
- Were you to burrow down through the centre of the Earth from Brest you would pop up nearest to the climate station at Te Wharau, Glenburn, New Zealand (Warm temperate thorn steppe biome).
Brest Climate Comparisons
In depth comparisons with over 3,600 world destinations. Better understand a climate by comparing it relative to one you know (check it out):
Rio de Janeiro,
Brest Climate Graph in Metric Units
Brest Climograph in English Units
Please help others find this resource by sharing the link:
Climate of Brest, Belarus Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below.
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Kaunas, Lithuania - 307.8 kms (191.3 miles) N
- Vilnius, Lithuania - 294.5 kms (183 miles) NNE
- Varena, Lithuania - 243.9 kms (151.6 miles) NNE
- Minsk, Belarus - 332.1 kms (206.4 miles) NE
- Grodno, Belarus - 167 kms (103.8 miles) N
- Sarny, Ukraine - 222.2 kms (138.1 miles) ESE
- Kovel', Ukraine - 121.4 kms (75.5 miles) SE
- Luck, Ukraine - 201.6 kms (125.3 miles) SE
- Rovno, Ukraine - 240.7 kms (149.6 miles) SE
- L'Vov, Ukraine - 256.4 kms (159.3 miles) S
- Ternopol', Ukraine - 319.1 kms (198.3 miles) SSE